Today, I’m sharing a recipe that’s so easy it shouldn’t really be called a recipe. This is to show you how easy, tasty and healthy vegan food can be. I’m calling this vegetable noodles, because that’s pretty much what it is, and very flexible. Feel free to vary the veggies and noodles as you like.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped/minced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 handfuls of a leafy green such as kale, spinach or pak choi
- fresh coriander and/or parsley
- 1 courgette (aka zucchini)
- 10ish mushrooms
- 1 can chickpeas (or black beans, packet of tofu, vegan mock meat)
- noodles such as soba noodles or rice noodles
- spices: turmeric, black pepper, smoked paprika, cumin
- optional: sesame oil, salt
- Boil water for your noodles.
- Fry the onion in a pan. I fry it without oil, gradually adding some water and adding a lid to steam/sautée (MicTheVegan has a good video on frying without oil).
- Add in the garlic, and the tomato paste. Garlic burns faster than onion, which is why we add it in after.
- Make your noodles according to the instructions. Keep an eye on the time so you can take them off the boiling water in time, and perhaps rinse with cold water.
- Chop up your veg in the meantime.
- Add in the mushrooms, courgette, and tomatoes.
- When the veg mix has reduced down a little, add in the greens. Cover to steam in order for them to shrink down.
- Make sure you’ve got the noodles under control, if you haven’t already!
- Add in your fresh herbs.
- Add in your beans/tofu/mock meat.
- Add in your spices and, if you wish, sesame oil.
- Let everything cook together in the pan, with a lid to cover it.
- Make sure you’re happy with the scents and taste of the food.
- Plate up! I recommend topping with soy sauce, sesame seeds, and a hot sauce of your choice.
- Finally, let me know if you gave this a go, or have any questions 🙂
I hope you enjoy giving this recipe a go, or even that it just gave you some inspiration (the latter is basically how I function, I never follow recipes properly haha)
All the love in the world,