Sometimes, when I’m stuck as to what to cook, it’s best to take it back to basics. Here’s a recipe for one variation of vegan bolognese. There are literally endless opportunities and I have made many different types of vegan bolognese style dishes – this is just one version I made the other day. It’s hella cheap and easy and accessible (I hope) 🍝
| Ingredients |
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic (or sub for garlic powder)
- 1 large carrot
- 3-4 tbsp rice, oat or soy cooking cream/mylk
- 1 can green lentils
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Lots of spinach: it will all reduce!
- Spices to taste: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chilli, turmeric, black pepper, salt, Herbes de Provence, basil
| Instructions |
- Start cooking your pasta, if you’re gonna be having some (would recommend)
- Chop the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Fry up onion + garlic in a pan on high heat, then turn down.
- Add in the carrot.
- Add in tomato purée and cooking cream/mylk. Stir frequently so nothing sticks.
- Add in your chopped tomatoes, rinse and drain the lentils, add these too.
- Add in your spices and spinach.
- All done at this point to be honest, but I would recommend letting it all simmer for a little while, stirring lots and making sure you’re happy with the seasonings.
- Serve with pasta and fresh herbs, hot sauce, tahini, nutritional yeast… whatever takes your fancy!
And that’s that! Hope you’ve been inspired to give this a go 🙂
All the love in the world,xo Linda